Company: B2B SaaS – serving small business, midmarket and enterprise clients
We were brought in as an extended agency team for a client in the B2B SaaS space on a monthly retainer basis. (Yes, we white label under the right circumstances. Holla’)
- Build out a content strategy: The client wanted to build out a content strategy that could touch all funnel points in the customer’s awareness and decision-making journey. They were originally putting out product updates and shorter, informative pieces around using their product.
- Build out a larger SEO strategy: The client wanted to build an SEO strategy to improve traffic and specific types of leads (free trials, demo sign ups). They also wanted to improve a core set of product-focused keywords.
- Increase number of bottom-funnel leads (sign ups, demos)
Areas of Focus
- Keyword research: Identifying additional transactional and informational keywords to help support and grow the keyword base around the site.
- Technical Audit: We reviewed the site from a technical standpoint — page speed, script implementation, URL structure, response codes/redirects, canonicals, etc. to make sure the site had a strong base to build upon.
- On-site Audit: Review the existing pages and optimize from an SEO perspective while also keeping the brand voice into consideration.
- Identify Page Build-Outs: We identified a number of informational pages to build out that can support visitors in the discovery and awareness phase of their journey. These were highly informational, long-form content pages. We created the structure of the subdirectory for them to live in, identified the keywords to target and crafted the full outlines for each page on an ongoing basis. These pages were also key in shortening the sales cycle for the sales team.
- Content calendar and training: Once we created the strategy, we built out an ongoing content calendar for creating, approving and tracking content. We also created an editorial/content training guide to train and support their writers from an SEO perspective.
- Ongoing work: We continued to work with the client to re-establish strategy quarterly as needed, and execute on a monthly basis.
- Demo Signups: In the last year, increased monthly demo signups by ~55%.
- Trial Signups: In the last year, increased monthly trial signups by ~67%.
- New Users: From baseline, ~883% increase in new users being driven to the site.
- Top 10 Keywords: Improved from 26 at start of contract, to 413 at end of contract.
- Top 3 Keywords: Improved from 7 at start of contract to 84 at end of contract.